TherapyEd’s NPTE Review & Study Guide is the professionís #1 best-selling guide.
The authors, Dr. Susan O’Sullivan and Dr. Raymond Siegelman, are two of the
most distinguished educators in the profession. Our exceptional contributors and
item writers include program directors, senior faculty members, board certified
specialists, and experienced clinicians. See for yourself why over 10,000 physical
therapy students choose TherapyEd each year!
The 2015 Guide prepares students for all aspects of the NPTE. The current
Content Outline focuses on the major systems, and our authors,
instructors, and items writers have created new questions, content, and
teaching strategies to help students pass the exam. For a more detailed overview,
take a look at our summary of the NPTE.
TherapyEd’s NPTE Review and Study Guide is recognized as the most
trusted resource in exam preparation by students, faculty, and practicing therapists
throughout the country. The Guide includes a comprehensive review of physical therapy
content, study and test-taking strategies, current licensure information, and three
complete simulated exams on USB. All the sample exam items are categorized according
to the current Content Outline and challenge students to properly prepare for the breadth,
depth, and rigor of the NPTE.
Be Prepared for the NPTE:
“Create an Exam” Software with 600 Questions:
- 600 questions
- Dynamic Full Color Design
- Critical Thinking Challenges
- Chapter Review Sections
- New illustrations, figures, and tables
- Class Orders Save up to 25%
TherapyEd’s exam software is the most advanced and easy to use in the profession.
No user code, password or WiFi needed. It provides
students the unique ability to “create an exam”, drawing from the entire 600 question
database. Students can test their knowledge in specific domains, content categories,
and critical reasoning skills. After diagnosing specific weaknesses, students can
create a customized exam to target individual deficiencies and hone important test-taking
skills. Students can also create a 250 question exam to test their physical and mental
endurance prior to the NPTE. The software improves exam performance efficiently and
effectively, and provides students the practice necessary to pass the NPTE the first time.
Teaching Tools and Critical Reasoning Rationales:
For all 600 questions, the authors have created Teaching Tools that are unmatched
in their level of knowledge, detail, and instruction. This highlighted section
teaches students how to review and analyze challenging NPTE-like items and includes
complete explanations of correct and incorrect choices and critical reasoning
About the Authors:
Susan O'Sullivan, PT, EdD is Professor Emeritus at the University of Massachusetts, Lowell and co-author of
Physical Rehabilitation 6th edition.
Raymond Siegelman, PT, DPT, MS is the President of TherapyEd. He has been a physical therapist and physical therapy educator
for over 35 years.
TherapyEd's Review and Study Guide is the only Guide that is updated every year to insure students have the best and most accurate information about the NPTE.
The Review and Study Guide also includes:
- Fixed-Date Testing information
- Critical Reasoning Assessment
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Imaging Appendix
- Code of Ethics
- Academic Index
- PC and Mac Compatible CD or flash drive
- Rehabilitation for lymphatic disease
- Table of motor learning and training strategies
- Extensive guidelines on standard/universal precautions
- Locomotor training/body weight support systems
- Osteoporosis update including World Health Organization criteria, bone mineral density and intervention
- Musculoskeletal differential diagnosis; kinematic chain tables
- Updates on basic life support and CPR
- Additional information and detail regarding Evidence-based Practice
- Disaster response and planning including PT role
Chapters are Consistent with the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice:
- Musculoskeletal Physical Therapy
- Neuromuscular Physical Therapy
- Cardiovascular Physical Therapy
- Pulmonary Physical Therapy
- Integumentary Physical Therapy
- Other Systems including GI, GU and Metabolic/Endocrine and Psychological Conditions
- Pediatric Physical Therapy
- Geriatric Physical Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercise Foundations
- Physical Agents and Modalities
- Functional Training and Orthotic, Prosthetic and Supportive Devices
- Professional Roles and Management
- Education & Consultation
- Research and Evidence-based Practice
"An excellent book, I used it to study for my comprehensive exams as well as the Licensure exam. Passed with flying colors"
"Without the book and the course, I doubt if I could have passed the exam. Thank you! Thank you!"
TherapyEd's National Physical Therapy Examination Review and Study Guide is included with the price of the Physical Therapist preparatory course or can be purchased separately for $85.00 plus Shipping and Handling.
or call us at 1-888-369-0743, or send a check or money order to:
500 Davis Street
Evanston, IL 60201
Free Phone: (888)-369-0743
Outside the US: (847) 328-5361