Be Prepared for the NBCOT®‘s COTA® exam:
TherapyEd’s National Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification Exam Review & Study Guide by Rita P. Fleming-Castaldy is completely up-to-date for the current exam and helps you prepare for the COTA® exam:
- Dynamic full-color design
- Comprehensive, easily understood content review;
- Three complete online practice exams to help focus on personal strengths and weaknesses;
- In full color and fully updated with both multiple choice and six-option multi-select items;
- Studying and test-taking strategies;
- Exam hints & cautions;
- 600 questions;
- Extensive question rationales to better understand how to get the right answer;
- New illustrations, figures and tables.
Content chapters reflect the latest test information and the practice exams are updated to include the new, six option multi-select question format. Our exclusive online practice exams and the option to take subject area mini-tests give you the practice you need before you take the exam.
The Review & Study Guide contains:
- Information on becoming a certified Occupational Therapy Assistant;
- Current content outline of the National Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification Exam;
- Examination procedures and grading;
- Simulated exam and answer rationales;
- Test-taking hints;
- Revised and updated to include the new, 6 item multi-select question type.
Author Rita P. Fleming-Castaldy, PhD, OTL, FAOTA
Dr. Fleming-Castaldy is an Instructor and the Director of Occupational Therapy Education at TherapyEd, and Professor Emeritus at the University of Scranton. She is the Chairperson for the History Preservation Project of the Occupational Therapy Leaders and Legacies Society. Dr. Fleming-Castaldy previously served as Program Director at Dominican College and on the faculty at New York University. She received her Doctor of Philosophy, post-professional M.A., and undergraduate degrees in Occupational Therapy from New York University. In addition to the best-selling “National Occupational Therapy Certification Exam Review & Study Guide”, Dr. Fleming-Castaldy is the editor of several texts and the author of numerous journal articles. She has presented nationally and internationally on a diversity of professional issues. Dr. Fleming-Castaldy serves on the editorial boards of the American Journal of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy in Mental Health. Her areas of expertise include occupational therapy history, professional development and career mobility, mental health practice, community participation, and disability rights and advocacy. In 2002, she was honored by being named a Fellow of the American Occupational Therapy Association, and in 2017 she was given the Award for Excellence in the Advancement of Occupational Therapy by the AOTA in appreciation for her extraordinary contributions to the advancement of occupational therapy.
It is organized in comprehensive, easy-to-read chapters covering:
- The Process of Occupational Therapy
- Human Development and Aging
- Professional Responsibilities and Service Management
- Musculoskeletal System Disorders
- Neurological System Disorders
- Psychiatric Disorders
- Cardiovascular and Pulmonary System Disorders
- Gastrointestinal, Renal-Genitourinary, Endocrine, Immunological and Integumentary System Disorders
- Neurological and Cognitive-Perceptual Approaches: Evaluation and Intervention
- Biomechanical Approaches: Evaluation and Intervention
- Psychosocial Approaches: Evaluation and Intervention
- Evaluation and Interventions for Occupational Performance Deficits
- Mastery of the Environment: Evaluation and Intervention
Also included is a chapter on Preparing for the COTA® Exam and an appendix with the AOTA Practice Framework.
Great reviews from students…
“An excellent book, I used it to study for my comprehensive exams as well as the Licensure exam. Passed with flying colors”
“Without the book and the course, I doubt if I could have passed the exam. Thank you! Thank you!”
Purchase the Guide
TherapyEd’s National OTA Certification Exam Review & Study Guide is included with the price of the OTA preparatory course, or can be purchased separately for $85.00, plus shipping and handling.
TherapyEd’s National OTA Certification Examination Review and Study Guide
by Rita P. Fleming-Castaldy
TherapyEd’s National Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification Exam Review & Study Guide by Rita P. Fleming-Castaldy is the #1 best-selling guide for the COTA® exam. With comprehensive, easily understood content review, three complete online practice exams, full color graphics, and insightful score reports to identify individual strengths and weaknesses, the Review & Study Guide helps focus exam preparation to ensure success. The text includes study and test-taking strategies, exam hints & cautions, up-to-date information about the certification process, and extensive rationales to help you understand how to get the right answer. Content chapters reflect the latest test information, and the rigorous practice exams include the new, six-option multi-select question format. Tables and figures are included to aid in studying for the exam. In addition, our exclusive online practice exams and the option to take subject area mini-tests give you the practice you need before taking the exam.