The NBCOT®‘s OTR®exam is a high stakes exam and TherapyEd’s National Occupational Therapist Certification Exam Review & Study Guide is the ONLY book which combines comprehensive content review with challenging practice questions to help you pass the exam.
The content review helps you know what to study and the practice exams give you feedback so you understand how you did, what your strengths and weaknesses are, and how to best prepare for the exam.
Author Rita P. Fleming-Castaldy PhD, OTL, FAOTA
Dr. Fleming-Castaldy is an Instructor and the Director of Occupational Therapy Education at TherapyEd, and Professor Emeritus at the University of Scranton. She is the Chairperson for the History Preservation Project of the Occupational Therapy Leaders and Legacies Society. Dr. Fleming-Castaldy previously served as Program Director at Dominican College and on the faculty at New York University. She received her Doctor of Philosophy, post-professional M.A., and undergraduate degrees in Occupational Therapy from New York University. In addition to the best-selling “National Occupational Therapist Certification Exam Review & Study Guide”, Dr. Fleming-Castaldy is the editor of several texts and the author of numerous journal articles. She has presented nationally and internationally on a diversity of professional issues. Dr. Fleming-Castaldy serves on the editorial boards of the American Journal of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy in Mental Health. Her areas of expertise include occupational therapy history, professional development and career mobility, mental health practice, community participation, and disability rights and advocacy. In 2002, she was honored by being named a Fellow of the American Occupational Therapy Association, and in 2017 she was given the Award for Excellence in the Advancement of Occupational Therapy by the AOTA in appreciation for her extraordinary contributions to the advancement of occupational therapy.
The Review & Study Guide contains comprehensive, easy to read chapters covering:
- Certification Exam Information
- Study and Test Taking Strategies
- State Regulatory Board information
- Certification of the Occupational Therapist
- Principles of Effective Exam Preparation
- The Process of Occupational Therapy
- Professional Responsibilities and Ethics
- Human Development and Aging
- Musculoskeletal System Disorders
- Neurological System Disorders
- Cardiovascular and Pulmonary System Disorders
- Gastrointestinal, Renal-Genitourinary, Endocrine, Immunological and Integumentary Systems Disorders
- Psychiatric and Cognitive Disorders
- Biomechanical Approaches
- Neurological Approaches
- Cognitive Perceptual Approaches
- Psychosocial Approaches
- Evaluation and Intervention for Performance in Areas of Occupation
- Mastery of the Environment: Evaluation and Intervention
- Critical Reasoning rationales for all practice exam questions
- Practice Exam Answers with full content rationales
Purchase the Guide
The National Occupational Therapist Certification Exam Review & Study Guide is included with the price of the Occupational Therapy Certification Preparation Course, or you can purchase it separately for $90.00, plus shipping and handling.
TherapyEd’s National Occupational Therapist Certification Exam Review & Study Guide
By Rita P. Fleming-Castaldy
The #1 best-selling Guide for the exam
TherapyEd’s Review & Study Guide for the OTR® exam is up-to-date for the current exam with extensive illustrations for better comprehension and improved studying. The Review & Study Guide provides a comprehensive content review, 3 complete online practice exams, and personalized score reports to identify individual strengths and weaknesses.
To order by phone, call us at 1-888-369-0743
Or, Order by mail by sending a check or money order, along with a shipping address, to:
3023 N. Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60657
Outside the US: (847) 328-5361